Pacific Chorale is internationally recognized for exceptional artistic expression, stimulating American-focused programming, and influential education programs. Under the inspired guidance of Artistic Director John Alexander, Pacific Chorale has infused an Old World art form with California’s hallmark innovation and cultural independence.
Who We Are and What We Do
• Founded in 1968 as a community choir in Irvine, Pacific Chorale has since evolved to become one of America’s most highly acclaimed choirs.
• We offer two unique musical experiences: the 140-voice Pacific Chorale, boasting 140 of Southern California's finest professional and volunteer singers, and the 24-voice John Alexander Singers, a professional vocal ensemble recognized as one of the country's most accomplished and versatile.
• Our music programming ranges throughout history, from the great classical masters of the past to today’s leading American composers.
• Our Artistic Director, John Alexander, is one of America’s most respected choral conductors, having conducted hundreds of choral and orchestral performances around the world.
• All of our singers have passed a rigorous audition test to become a member of Pacific Chorale and/or the John Alexander Singers.
• Pacific Chorale is the resident choir of Segerstrom Center for the Arts.
• Pacific Chorale boasts a long-standing partnership with Pacific Symphony, and numerous guest performances with symphonies around the world.
• A major emphasis of the organization is to provide educational programs for both school-aged children and adults.
• We are committed to bringing the Orange County community together through song.
• We tour and perform in other countries, bringing international awareness and acclaim to Pacific Chorale and Orange County.
Interested in singing with us? Visit our Auditions page for details about our audition process and registration info!
"[Alexander] led this concert with great warmth and deep musical understanding, never pushing things too far and seeming to breathe with the music. A listener could tell that he loved every one of these pieces. That the Pacific Chorale sang so sumptuously and pointedly was a delight in itself. It seemed efortless." —Timothy Mangan, Orange County Register Click for full article
"...those looking for spiritual transport could find it in the life-affirming beauty of John Alexander’s Pacific Chorale. They were glorious, managing tricky choruses... with breathtaking agility and poise." [read more]
"The Pacific Chorale is a terrific group. John Alexander, for 36 years its leader, has turned it into a luxury model – super polished, richly blended, smooth riding. One hardly notices the road when enveloped by its sound. The sound is just there, seemingly exactly as it should be." [read more]
John Alexander Singers
James R. Taulli, stage director
John Alexander, conducting
Call (714) 662-2345 for more information.
Visit our Guest Appearances for additional concert engagements with Pacific Symphony!
Pacific Chorale is proud to perform at
New Recording: Ticheli's The Shore
Pacific Chorale's recording of the choral music of Frank Ticheli, featuring the work we premiered in June 2013, The Shore: Symphony No. 3, is now available for download through iTunes — and it's gorgeous, if we do say so ourselves!
Pacific Chorale is seeking a part-time vocal/choral music specialist for its pilot Pacific Chorale Academy elementary education program in the Newport-Mesa school district in 2014. Download a job description here.