Pacific Chorale Academy is based on Venezuela’s “El Sistema,”
which envisions music as a vehicle for transforming communities.
The program is offered at no charge to students at select schools in partnership with Newport-Mesa Unified School District. The curriculum includes training in vocal technique, ensemble singing and musicianship, and emphasizes teamwork, persistence, and responsibility.
Music enables every child to feel important and connected, encouraging commitment and a strong work ethic as the group strives for excellence together. School, family and community involvement are integral to creating a nurturing environment that inspires students to explore their potential and take ownership of the results.
Through the transformational power of singing together…
- Students will develop valuable life skills including responsibility, persistence, and self-discipline, all in a joyful setting that promotes self-esteem.
- Students and their families will feel a sense of connection and importance to the ensemble, the school, and the community.
- Schools will benefit from increased student and family engagement.
- Communities will become better connected and appreciate the value of music and the arts in education.
Financial and in-kind support for Pacific Chorale Academy are provided by:
- Phil & Mary Lyons
- Martin Hubbard
- Margaret Gates
- George Reiss
- The Capital Group
- Wells Fargo Foundation
- Lon V. Smith Foundation
- Newport-Mesa Unified School District
- Project Success